How to implement Digital Transformation in your company – WAU
Every day, more and more companies are adopting structural changes, with the help of technology, to increase performance. It is the so-called digital transformation, a term that has attracted the attention of organizations from the most varied sectors. There is no doubt that technology entered organizations to never leave. And the greater the intimacy […]
Every day, more and more companies are adopting structural changes, with the help of technology, to increase performance. It is the so-called digital transformation, a term that has attracted the attention of organizations from the most varied sectors.
There is no doubt that technology entered organizations to never leave. And the greater the intimacy of managers and leaders with digital strategies, the more companies are able to take advantage of this change.
Here on the Content Marketing blog we already talked about 12 trends in digital transformation.
Now, it’s time to talk about execution. Let’s show how to implement digital transformation within your professional reality, obtaining all the benefits that come with the ride with this evolution.
Ready to check it out? So come on!
Why companies should implement digital transformation
Before even thinking about the benefits that the company obtains from implementing digital transformation, it is important to understand the context that we are living.
According to data from Sysorex, there are currently 7 billion mobile devices being used worldwide, in addition to 11 billion devices (between mobile and non-mobile) connected to the internet.
These data, by themselves, show that the daily life of the population is totally linked to digital trends. In addition, there are 900 million posts per day on Facebook and, amazingly, $ 3.7 trillion spent daily on internet transactions.
Your company won’t want to lose a slice of that trillion-dollar turnover, will it?
Based on these changes, see some of the benefits that digital transformation can bring to corporations.
If you want to understand more about all aspects of digital transformation, download our full ebook on the topic!
Benefits of implementing digital transformation
A survey conducted by the Altimeter Group revealed that, among companies that have already implemented digital transformation, the following benefits have occurred:
- 41% of companies increased their market share (market share);
- 30% of companies increased revenue consumer;
- 37% of engagement growth consumer on digital channels;
- 32% noticed a increase in the number of visitors on the website and digital channels.
In addition, some of the biggest benefits perceived by companies worldwide have been:
- Increased process efficiency, with the improvement of the measurements of indicators and the improvement of data management;
- Increased customer satisfaction, because the company is always available and customers receive useful information at all times;
- Achieving competitive advantage, creating new products, adding revenue sources, reducing costs, winning new customers and increasing productivity.
How to implement digital transformation: the step-by-step process
1. Define what the company wants to transform
Some of most common goals that the digital transformation aims for are:
- enhance the digital customer experience;
- increase retention and average ticket through the web;
- optimize the infrastructure;
- reduce costs from the transformation of processes;
- increase productivity;
- integrate partners on an online platform;
- improve data management and Business Intelligence;
- prevent potential problems.
As you can see, there are many goals that can be set by organizations. Therefore, at the first moment, it is essential to define where the company intends to reach.
In some cases, there is an intention to even rethink the entire business model.
It is possible to bring technology as an ally for attracting customers, for processing orders and payments, for delivering products and services and, finally, for the relationship and after-sales service.
So, technically there are no limits to digital transformation. It is up to you and the company to define clear objectives that are aligned with the macro goals of the business.
2. Study the technological possibilities
To implement digital transformation, you don’t need to be the greatest technology expert or even digital marketing. However, it is important to be aware of the technological resources available on the market.
Some of the possibilities that can be studied for adoption in your company are:
- social networks;
- technologies for mobile devices;
- data analysis, processing and intelligence: from Google Analytics to Business Intelligence;
- cloud computing: cloud file storage solutions;
- intelligent automations: human-machine collaboration;
- personas: fictional characters (close to real customers) created to represent their different users;
- lead nutrition platforms: attraction, conversion and preparation of users for purchase, all in an automated way;
- Internet of Things;
- Virtual reality;
- Hybrid IT.
3. Predict what the future digital business platform will look like and assemble a team to develop it
According to your company’s perspectives, you can select combinations of different technologies to achieve the expected results.
In terms of architecture, virtually all of the technologies mentioned above can be combined to develop an ecosystem that makes sense within the organization’s business model.
To do this, count on a team of experts from the beginning who will help implement the digital transformation.
It is valid to bring together, within your company, a team of professionals who work as a digital transformation committee. Like, for example, IT professionals, digital marketing, sales, among other related areas.
You may also be interested in this content!
Edge computing: what is it and how does this technology work?
4. Master the lifecycle of digital services
After planning the macro objectives and understanding what are the technological and human resources that will guide the company in the implementation, it is time to think about the products and services that will be designed.
The company should have control over the projects, development, implementation and management of innovations.
In addition, you should think about how you will promote the evolution of digital products and services. That is, it is necessary to think about the life cycle of each solution, from its birth to maturation and improvements. This will undoubtedly become a competitive advantage in the market.
Currently, the approaches that have shaped the way IT services are produced are: DevOps, infrastructure as a service, speed, intelligent automation, management of digital services and application of the concept of personas.
These resources, when combined, are able to accelerate the development of customizations based on specific needs, the implementation of digital services, automation etc. When advancing in the resources mentioned above, the company also advances in the domain of lifecycle of digital innovation services.
5. Organize the company to receive innovations
After establishing a platform ecosystem for digital businesses, the company can now choose the subset of building blocks (enabling and disruptive technologies) based on the desired results.
In other words, the platform of the future will have a set of services offered by virtually the best suppliers. Thus, the ideal solutions can be selected based on the specific needs and functions that are linked to the end, that is, to the objectives set.
Some important elements in this step are:
- Omnichannel: integration of different channels and business processes in order to offer better and more agile experiences;
- Customer centralization from social networks, cloud computing and mobile devices;
- Predictive analysis (predictions) to generate insights and promote practical solutions;
- Approach based on the concept of personas, with the function of meeting the needs of different customer and user profiles.
6. Quickly adapt to the platform of the future
When it comes to technology, changes are extremely rapid. Therefore, the company must seek to implement the digital transformation with agility.
We currently live in a hybrid IT context (on-premises services + cloud services).
Therefore, it is possible to migrate to the platform of the future while taking the necessary care with the existing infrastructure. You can optimize and modernize your current infrastructure while transforming your processes and user experience.
It is not necessary to reinvent the wheel. The most important is take advantage of resources existing and, simultaneously, bring the innovations that are most important to the organization, integrating them with the work that has already been done.
The role of managers in digital transformation
Anyone who thinks that digital transformation is simply a structural change is mistaken.
It is also a mentality change, because it interferes with the way the company views all of its actions. Therefore, it is essential that this change starts at the top, starting with the board, CEO and managers.
If you have a managerial position, take the opportunity to take the lead in implementing digital transformation. Establish clear and realistic planning for change to begin as soon as possible.
In addition, invest in new digital skills, Both for yourself and for the team. Two alternatives are content marketing and inbound marketing.
Finally, look at the possibilities of the digital future of business. Remember: when the company is ready to take advantage of everything that the digital environment offers, countless opportunities will open. Be aware to take advantage of them.
The digital transformation brings companies a competitive advantage and a series of benefits.
But, as we mentioned, this is a change that starts from the top. Therefore, it is essential that managers and leaders take the lead and outline a plan to implement the digital transformation in a thoughtful and organized way.
Content marketing is a great ally in digital transformation.
Understand how Content and Data Marketing work together in digital transformation with the potential to bring results to your company with our free ebook!