Understand how to turn a profile into a fan page and why it matters to your company – WAU
When they tell you to put your company on social media, what is the first option that comes to your mind? It was Facebook, right? If so, great! If you thought about another platform, at least you should have considered the network invented by Mark Zuckerberg. After all, Facebook is the most used social media […]
When they tell you to put your company on social media, what is the first option that comes to your mind?
It was Facebook, right? If so, great! If you have thought of another platform, at least you should have considered the network invented by Mark Zuckerberg.
After all, Facebook is the most used social media in the world (there are almost 2 billion monthly active users, according to the Statista portal).
Both its popularity and its features make this media suitable for any type of company that wants to promote its content and offers and, of course, relate to consumers and customers.
However, there are many entrepreneurs who, due to lack of guidance, end up using or creating a personal profile for their business purposes.
This violates Facebook guidelines, and account access can be removed at once if the conversion is not done.
Therefore, we will show you a step by step on how to transform a profile and fanpage.
First, let’s understand this issue better:
The differences between profiles and fan pages
Perhaps the importance of making this change remains unclear. The point is that the two types of accounts serve completely different purposes.
While the profile is oriented for personal use, the fan page is for brands and companies to publicize their value propositions.
The use of the personal profile to promote a business, in addition to being prohibited by Facebook, greatly limits the company’s ability to operate in the social network.
For example, you could only add up to 5,000 friends; would have to approve each friend request sent; and the profile could only be managed if it was accessed with your login and password.
Already with a page, you would have the following resources available:
- amount unlimited fans / followers;
- possibility of boost your posts through Facebook Ads, in addition to creating other types of campaigns through this ad platform;
- have several administrators to manage your fan page, and without having to log into your personal account;
- new followers enjoy the page without authorization;
- opportunity to install apps to improve the performance of the fan page;
- possibility of integration with external tools, such as post programming and monitoring;
- have the information tab available, which is like Facebook’s Google Analytics. In it, you can see statistics about your audience, your page and the results of your organic and sponsored posts.
Ufa! Well, after understanding the purposes and functionality of each one, it became easier to understand the importance of not using the personal profile to do business and, if that happens, to make this transition.
Now, let’s go to the 5 steps to convert profiles into fan pages. Follow below:
1. Save your personal profile information
The first thing to do is backup of posts, photos, videos, chat conversations and other data from your personal profile.
This procedure is necessary because, during the transformation, there is a small risk that this information will be lost.
To do this, you follow the following steps:
- access your Facebook profile and click on the downward pointing arrow in the upper right corner of the screen;
- select the option “settings”, Is the penultimate of the list;
- the “General account settings”Will open and in it, you will click on“Download a copy of your Facebook data”;
- another screen will load and you will click on the “Open my file”.
Ready! At least, this data is guaranteed even with the creation of the fan page.
2. Begin the page creation process
To start work, visit the migration page and, before clicking on “Begin”, Read the terms of the Facebook pages. Proceed to the next step.
Just by going through this page, your profile-based fan page will be created. But there is more to do.
On the next screen, you will see the confirmation of the change, a summary with the next steps and a Facebook notice stating the period of 14 to move the information from one profile to another.
On this same screen, another important warning appears: your personal profile will remain active and can be used normally.
At the end of the process, you will have both a fan page and a personal profile.
Click in “Begin”And continue.
3. Fill in the description of your new fan page
Now, you will stop at the tab “Publishing Tools”And will start putting data and information about your brand or company.
There are 5 topics to be filled out:
- business category;
- page name (usually your company name);
- phone number;
- and a brief description of the business.
Once this is done, click on “Next”And go to the next screen.
4. Invite your friends to like the page
In the “friends”, You can select people who are friends of your personal profile who will receive invitations to enjoy your new page.
A list of friends will be presented and you can select all at once or go one by one.
If you have a lot of friends on your personal profile, you can also use the search field to go directly to the people you want to invite.
There is not much mystery at this stage, so click on “Next” and move on!
5. Insert the photos and finish the process
The last phase is even simpler. The photo tab will open and your job here is to choose the albums and images from your profile or from your device that you want to import into the page.
When you finish this step, just click on finish and the transformation process will be complete.
Your company’s fan page will be created and ready to be used with all available resources.
Don’t forget to fill in the other information that is requested, such as website, opening hours, full description, etc.
After that, just start publishing, investing in ads and playing your Facebook marketing strategy.
As we have seen, this conversion process does not take much work. After all, the fan page will be created based on information from the personal profile, which is already worth a lot.
Just adjust some information, invite friends to like and insert the photos. Thus, your change will be completed.
So, now that it has become clear how to turn a profile into a fan page, the next step is to start acting on your page to generate engagement.
Therefore, we recommend reading the post: 9 tips to increase the engagement of your Facebook page.