In 2020, equipping computers for professional use became a necessity. Firewall, protection against ramsonware or password managers, antivirus offer a whole range of features to ensure optimal security of your IT tools.
We targeted the offers reserved mainly for VSEs / SMEs. To help you make your choice, we have compiled a comparative table of the 3 antivirus software with which we are particularly satisfied and then, we have established a list of 10 antivirus software adapted to the business world.
Focus on 3 antivirus software offers – Websites Are Us’s favorites
|Bitdefender Total Security||Avast Premium||Norton Security Premium|
|Presentation||Bitdefender Total Security 2020 promises better malware detection, confidentiality of your data and very good parental controls. Bitdefender is still highly rated for malware detection. The improvements to parental controls this year are particularly interesting.||Avast has been around for years and offers free and paid antivirus protection. The free password manager and other add-ons set Avast apart from most of its rivals. When it comes to paid plans, Avast is one of the most flexible and attractive security tools on the market. Considering the high quality of malware detection, it is worth looking into.||Compatible with all operating systems (Windows, Mac, IOS and Android) Norton Security Premium is top notch antivirus software. Norton eliminates malware before it becomes a problem, allowing your computer to function properly. Norton provides a clean, well-organized and easy-to-use interface that is accessible to all skill levels.|
|languages||English, London, German, London, Romanian and Spanish||English, London, Spanish, German, Russian etc.||English London.|
|Protection against malware, spyware and adware||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|VPN||Yes||No (available with the “Ultimate” version or by subscribing to the SecureLine offer)||Yes|
|Cloud backup||Yes (2 or 15 GB depending on your activation key)||No||Yes, 75 GB|
Comparison of the best antivirus software offers
Bitdefender Total Security
Bitdefender is a cybersecurity and antivirus provider that caters to businesses of all sizes with all kinds of needs. Its suite of products offers complete solutions to protect all devices in the home, but also small and large businesses against online dangers. Bitdefender Total Security fully protects Windows, Mac, iOS, and Android devices from privacy breaches, ransomware, and all other threats on the Internet, using a single account. Note that it is the leading solution on the London market and that it has more than 500 million users worldwide.
- Bitfender protects against privacy breaches and ransomware on virtually all platforms.
- The solution boasts of being the most efficient suite, designed specifically for Windows PCs
- Its VPN is limited to 200 MB per day
- His password manager leaves something to be desired
- 44.99 € on 5 devices. 1 year commitment
- 83.99 € on 5 devices. 2 year commitment
- 111.99 € on 5 devices. 3 year commitment
Avast Premium Security
Avast recently redesigned its antivirus offerings so that there are only two options left: Avast Free Antivirus and Avast Premium Security, the one we’re going to talk about. Avast Premium Security comes with many features and very clearly explained prices, as well as the possibility of having up to 10 devices covered if you wish. You’ll have quick access to features like instant virus scanning and custom scheduled scans, as well as a link to advanced settings to configure how the Avast scanner works. Other protection options allow you to activate and deactivate different protection modules. For example, protection against ransomware to prevent untrusted applications from modifying your files.
- Wide range of features
- Protection level lower than Windows Defender
- Quite expensive
- For a single PC, you will pay € 69.99 per year. For a Mac, the price is € 59.99 per year
- For 10 devices (PC, Mac, iPhone etc.), you will pay € 89.99 per year.
Norton Security Premium
Norton Security is multi-device protection software. It provides real-time defense against viruses, malware, spyware and other cyber threats. It has particularly advanced security algorithms to protect users’ private and financial information when they buy and sell online. And to reassure people about the security of their devices, Norton Security uses a global network of civilians, who are always on the lookout for potential threats. As a result, the app can instantly create new updates to deploy to users to effectively protect them.
- An efficient network that deploys regular updates
- Norton Security works on Windows, Mac, iOS and Android. This is particularly beneficial for teams working with different devices and operating systems.
- The software has advanced protection algorithms that ensure that financial and private information is encrypted before, during and even after online transactions.
- VPN limited to 200 MB per day
- Few customization options
- € 49.99 per year, one year commitment, which you can use on 10 devices.
F-Secure is antivirus software from Finland, with the particularity of including an unlimited VPN with the antivirus. F-Secure has the advantage of being compatible with all platforms (Windows, MAC, iOs etc.) and of being an extremely secure suite. In addition, F-Secure offers a range of extremely useful features such as the very powerful password manager. F-Secure has a detection rate of 100% which places it at the top of the basket of antivirus solutions.
- Very simple to use and configure
- Effective protection against the dangers of the Internet
- Affordable rate
- A somewhat limited number of features
- No URL blocker
- Limited parental controls
- 79.99 € per year. Up to 3 devices
- € 99.99 per year. Up to 5 devices
- 119.99 € per year. Up to 7 devices
Website creation – Personalized price estimation
Websites Are Us has developed a recommendation engine which allows you to obtain a free detailed price estimate as well as a selection of software and providers adapted to your website creation needs.
Kaspersky Total Security
Kaspersky Total Security is a comprehensive security suite that includes just about everything you need to keep your whole family / business safe online. There is for example a first class antivirus. A smart firewall. Browsing protection blocks access to unsafe websites, parental controls help you manage your children’s device usage, and bank protection prevents others from intercepting your financial information. In short, a complete and very reliable suite that you can buy with your eyes closed.
- One of the best rated antivirus
- Effective protection against ransomware
- Efficient URL filtering
- Fairly substantial price given the number of devices that can be protected
- The most important functions are only available with the Premium version
- 55.99 € per year. Compatible on 1 device
- 55.99 € per year. Compatible on 2 devices
- € 63.99 per year. Compatible on 3 devices
BullGuard Premium Protection
BullGuard offers advanced protection against viruses, spyware, malware and other cyber attacks. With BullGuard, small teams and small businesses can protect their Windows and Mac computers and Android devices not only from infected files, but also from phishing activity on the Internet. This allows them to ensure that unauthorized access does not occur to their servers and potentially harm the resources and reputation of the business. In addition, users can rest assured that they can work without losing speed, even with the full protection of BullGuard in the background. The software consumes only one iota of power and ensures that heavy programs run smoothly.
- With BullGuard, sensitive personal and business information, such as credit card numbers and authentication data, is safe from cyber attackers.
- To ensure a complete defense of the devices, BullGuard is equipped with three levels of protection, the last one being the locking and neutralization of a malicious software before it does damage.
- BullGuard’s new firewall adds more layers of protection to the network and to devices against digital threats.
- An unfriendly interface
- An anti-ransomware module is missing
- € 89.99 per year, available for multiple devices (PC, tablet, smartphone)
ESET Internet Security
ESET has more than 110 million users worldwide for its antivirus solution. ESET has the advantage of being installed very quickly and easily on your various devices and operating in the background in a completely anonymous way without impacting performance. ESET is one of the safest protection software on the market with a malware detection rate of 99%. Even if this score is very high, it does not reach the level of market leaders like BitDefender or Kapersky. On the other hand, ESET has much less impact on the performance of your system than its competitors.
- Simple and easy to use interface
- State-of-the-art malware detection
- No loss of computer speed
- Manual update required
- Lacks some standard features
- Fairly high rates
- 49.96 € 1 year commitment, available on 1 device
- 59.95 € 1 year commitment, available on 2 devices
- € 64.96 1 year commitment, available on 3 devices
McAfee Total Protection
McAfee’s antivirus software may not be the best on the market, but it does offer a very good level of protection. Its installation is simple, fast, the family suite has a good level of protection, it also has an excellent password manager and threat detection is effective. On the other hand, if you are new to the world of antivirus software, you may have a little trouble with McAfee because of its confusing interface. In addition, its analyzes are slower than average and the resources committed are quite restrictive. Finally, the prices are high compared to the competition.
- Very effective overall protection
- A suite of impressive features
- Your system performance will be affected during McAfee scans
- Very high rates
- € 69.95 per year, available on 1 device
- € 89.95 per year, available on 5 devices
- 44.95 € the 1st year, then 99.95 € per year, available on 10 devices
Avira Antivirus Pro
Even if the impact on your system is high, the German Avira software is among the best performing on the market in terms of detection. Avira has a cloud-based protection system that is capable of blocking just about any type of threat. The software also has an anti-ransomware module that constantly analyzes the behavior of the programs you use in order to block malicious attempts. Avira also protects you effectively on the web and in your email exchanges.
- Complete protection of your devices
- A monthly and non-binding offer is available
- Not a very reliable password manager
- Strong impact on your system performance
- 34.95 € per year, available on 1 device
- € 44.95 per year, available on 3 devices
- € 54.95 per year, available on 5 devices
If the subjects on VSE / SME interest you, I strongly invite you to browse these articles: