There are several types of tools to organize internal communication and improve productivity:
- Team messaging, which allows employees to communicate live and instantly.
- Internal knowledge bases – also called corporate Wikis – which allow internal sharing of company processes and methods.
- Intranet solutions that cover the functional scope of team messaging and corporate Wikis. These are the most expensive but also the most complete software.
Which tool to choose? To help you in your thinking and your research, we have compiled and categorized the best internal communication tools and platforms.
Our selection of the 7 best team messengers
Team messaging helps your people have conversations, exchange vital project data, update others on progress, share files, and create collaborative work. They really act as an online virtual meeting room for team members. Here are the 7 best ones chosen by Websites Are Us.
The next generation communications application that has taken office messaging by storm, Slack, has grown in popularity with more than 35,000 companies like IBM, Oracle, Airbnb and with more than 8 million active users per month.
Slack allows teams to create discussion groups called “channels” for transparent and open communication. It has an easy-to-use user interface, which allows new users to quickly become familiar with the platform.
- It facilitates sharing and collaboration with your team.
- This is ideal when you need an immediate response regarding a deadline.
- Your data within the platform is always protected.
- You can download it directly to your desktop and it also has a fully functional mobile app.
- Your conversations are deleted after 14 days, so if you receive something important in a chain, be sure to write it down.
- There is minimal file storage
- This can be a distraction. If you are not careful, you can easily get sucked into each discussion.
Free plan with limited functionality. The subscription starts at $ 2.6 / month.
Spike is a messaging application with one main goal: to unify all your forms of communication in one place. This includes emails, chats, calls, team projects, all in one place so you don’t have to switch between tools and waste precious time.
- Reduces the time spent on e-mails.
- Works faster than any other tool.
- Spike is free for non-professional accounts.
- Reading emails with HTML images is not optimized.
- The user interface is a bit unique, so you have to get used to it.
Free for non-professionals with a subscription of $ 5.99 per year.
Microsoft Teams is a communication application available in Office 365. It allows instant conversations, video calls and file sharing.
- Integration of all tools in one place.
- No additional cost for Microsoft 365 users.
- Fluid file search, backup and collaboration.
- Unnecessary storage consumption
- No notifications
Available in Microsoft Office 365, plans range from $ 12.50 to $ 20 per month.
Fleep is another application which combines internal communication with file sharing and task management. Users can establish conversations around projects, teams or any specific topic to stay connected and discuss ideas.
- Unlimited message history.
- Ability to send emails via the app.
- Simple and easy to use interface.
- The voice call is not really optimized.
Free plan with limited functionality. The subscription starts at 5 € / month.
Azendoo is a task tracking and internal communication application. Designed for marketing agencies, its chat functionality is similar to Facebook’s private messaging.
- It is ideal for collaborative work because it allows the exchange of information and knowledge in a very simple way.
- Its interface is very user-friendly and easy to use.
- It offers really adequate characteristics to carry out project management.
- It requires fairly stable Internet access.
- Its cost can be high.
Free trial with limited functionality. Membership starts at $ 9 per month.
Ryver is communication and collaboration software. It offers all the typical features you can find in this type of tool: Group Messaging, task management as well as voice and video calls.
- You can create multiple chat rooms with defined topics and collaborate with multiple teams at the same time.
- Combines conversations and task management.
- The Ryver API enables third-party integrations, making collaboration easier.
- File sharing is slow and inconvenient because you can only share one file at a time.
Fixed price of $ 99 per month.
To go further, we advise you to discover our full article on teleworking tools.
Our selection of the 7 best tools for sharing knowledge internally (Wikis)
A wiki is software specifically designed to help teams create, collaborate, edit, and share content in an organized manner. It works as a source of knowledge for all employees in an organization, which can be created, modified and shared by anyone. You can manage and share all company information and data. It’s important to note that wiki software and team messaging are completely complementary. One does not replace the other.
Compatible with Mac, Windows and Mobiles, Notion is a great option for teams. Whether it’s documents, notes, goals, or business practices, you can store everything for easy access.
- The all-in-one workspace based on a block structure allows you to build a custom wiki.
- The wide range of models helps you get started easily.
- Easy to use for collaboration.
- A little disorganized.
- Cannot use offline.
A free version with limited functionality. Membership starts at $ 4 per month.
Slite is an application that allows teams to share and collaborate on notes. You can keep private notes in your account. When notes are shared, users can collaboratively edit them or discuss them in a comments section.
- Simple design.
- History of editing, comments and collaborative review.
- Supports private notes.
- The text of the images is not visible.
- No mobile app.
Slite offers 2 packages: a free package, and a package priced at $ 6.67 per month and per user.
Slab lets you organize your content and pin the most important to the top for easier access. Team members can comment, create new content and hold discussions in real time.
- An elegant and intuitive tool.
- Well done import / export functionality.
- Finding information in Slab is very easy.
- Not as many features as its competitors.
Slab is available from $ 35 per month.
It is the fastest knowledge base for teams. The tool is beautiful, rich in functionality, compatible with markdown and open source.
- GetOutline provides a secure location for your team’s documentation on their hosted platform.
- Receive Slack notifications of changes and search for GetOutline directly in Slack.
- Not as many features as its competitors.
GetOutline is accessible from $ 10 per month.
SlimWiki stands out a bit from the crowd because it pays great attention to design and user experience, helping you to focus more on your work.
- This is the cheapest option in this comparison.
- It’s really basic, and it doesn’t automatically save your changes.
You can use it for free. The subscription is priced at $ 20 per month.
Neat software that works best to help you get organized. TiddlyWiki is a small program that only includes an HTML file and a JAR file.
- Free and open-source.
- Extremely customizable.
- Very unfriendly user interface.
The tool is completely free.
MediaWiki is the most popular and best open source wiki software available on the Internet. It’s a good option for corporate intranets, especially if you’re running big projects and you’re going to handle a lot of content.
- He can manage large projects.
- There is a fairly large community that can provide support and extensions for MediaWiki.
- It can be installed on Linux as well as on Windows and uses PHP and MySQL.
- The user interface is not very intuitive and user-friendly for beginners.
This wiki is completely free.
Website creation – Personalized price estimation
Websites Are Us has developed a recommendation engine which allows you to obtain a free detailed price estimate as well as a selection of software and providers adapted to your website creation needs.
Our selection of the 5 best intranet solutions
An intranet is a small, private communications network hosted online to provide staff with a centralized location to work together, share media, communicate, train, provide and receive feedback, or otherwise collaborate on a variety of tasks . However, intranet solutions cost more than team messaging but have a larger functional scope.
Jostle is a cloud-based intranet solution that helps companies share news, align teams, invite attendees, and recognize contributions. The platform allows employees to discuss topics and share their ideas in an open or closed collaborative environment.
- Easy to use and configure with good support from the integration team.
- The search function is excellent and returns a good set of relevant results.
- It would be nice to have private discussions.
The price starts at $ 9.33 per month and offers a free trial.
ThoughtFarmer is an intranet solution that helps companies share updates across the organization and drive employee engagement.
- An easy-to-use intranet portal with social capabilities that allow employees to be more engaged.
- Many features are still under development.
The price starts at $ 10 per month and offers a free trial.
Happeo is intranet software focused on improving internal communications. It integrates exclusively with G Suite and provides users with content management capabilities, employee engagement analytics, permissions management and the rest of the Google suite of tools.
- The solution can serve many different use cases in the organization and is easy to understand for each user.
- The solution could further improve responsiveness a little.
The price starts at $ 10 per month and offers a free trial.
Staffbase is an internal communication solution for users of large organizations. It allows companies to connect with their employees through the mobile app.
- Everything is easy to handle, both for administrators and users.
- Although there are many functions, some of them are not so well developed.
The price starts at 750 euros per month for 250 users.
Wizdom provides a quality intranet tool with all the necessary features to help empower your teams and increase the agility of your employees, whether you are an SME or a large-scale company.
- It is easy to use and fully customizable to adapt to business processes and needs.
Not supplied by the seller. You must contact Wizdom to receive the rates.
Internal communication tools facilitate exchanges, sharing and the spirit of collaboration within the company. They are precious! We hope this article will help you choose the best tool for your business and your teams. It’s your turn !
To go further, discover our article on the cost of creating an intranet.