Want to create a collaborative work environment? Discover the best digital tools for this! – WAU
Digital tools have already won the organizational scenario, creating what we call the corporate work environment. The corporate work environment consists of a place created with the highest technology in terms of communication, the Internet, in which people from all areas exchange data and information of different natures. This feature, in addition to […]
Digital tools have already won the organizational scenario, creating what we call the corporate work environment.
The corporate work environment consists of a place created with the highest technology in terms of communication, the Internet, in which people from all areas exchange data and information of different natures.
This feature, in addition to increasing employee engagement, significantly reduces the company’s costs with telephone, fax, filing and other forms of organization and transmission of information, as well as time spent on emails.
Every kind of business that needs greater speed and ease in obtaining information and data will benefit from implementing this strategy.
To demonstrate how this facilitation occurs, we have separated some topics on essential functions for collaborative work and digital tools corresponding to each one.
If you are in need of a little help to create a collaborative environment, this material has some things to teach you.
Digital tools in the collaborative work environment
You will now see essential functions for collaborative work. Each of them will have an example of a digital tool that can be used to perform the respective function efficiently.
But, before that, let’s explain briefly what is a digital tool.
The digital tool is for a function just as the screwdriver is for the screw… Understood? (No?)
Okay, you don’t need to know mechanics to use a digital tool, just understand that it is software that performs certain functions necessary to perform tasks in the collaborative environment. See in practice how it works!
The first screw… (Oops!) The first function that we are going to highlight is communication.
Communication is an asset for the company that knows how to exploit its full potential. Those who see the process as a problem, may have a very mistaken view of one of the main pillars of successful business.
Whoever does not communicate trumbles, old Chacrinha used to say.
In the professional environment, this is enhanced, since tasks are often a sum of small processes performed by different people, which require alignment for the final result to be cohesive.
The possibility of having free communication at any time with all members of a team, including leaders, reduces misunderstandings and doubts that can lead to future problems.
The Slack collaboration tool is a great option to promote clear, real-time communication. Slack’s proposal is decrease the number of emails exchanged between teams, creating a simpler and more efficient communication channel. With this application, it is possible to communicate by voice, text, video and exchange documents in an organized and easy to handle manner.
But, like everything in life, Slack also has its cons, such as the fact that it does not have a London version, the occurrence of bugs, and in addition, the free version has some limitations. Other than that, it’s good!
Sharing data and information
Forget those heavy files that take an hour to open, and stop sending emails full of spreadsheets. There are numerous digital tools for data and information sharing.
Google Drive is an example of these features, being one of the best known and used for both personal and professional use. Let’s go to benefits this tool:
- allows joint editing;
- can be accessed from anywhere with internet;
- can be edited offline, as long as the function is activated;
- do not need to install.
As disadvantages, we can highlight two that can restrict or hinder management a little:
- the offline version is limited in terms of functions;
- joint editing can generate some confusion, in the sense that “certain people” move where they shouldn’t.
But nothing like feedback for everyone to understand and be careful when editing.
Time and productivity management
Will we manage the time and productivity of colleagues? Let’s go! But how?
Podio is a tool that organizes delivery times so that the team remains productive, allowing the coordination of tasks and discussions in the same place.
As advantages, we can highlight that this platform allows:
- customization of the collaborative work environment, according to the needs of the company and the team;
- finance and CRM management;
- integration with Google Drive and Dropbox;
- individualized communication or with the whole team;
- the notification function whenever the member is requested for any task.
The disadvantages Podio are:
- does not have a free version;
- it consists of very technical software, which can be more difficult to adapt the team;
- it is more suitable for larger companies, although it is also used by small and medium companies.
Managing performance indicators is essential to keep a collaborative work team productive and motivated. To control these indicators, it is necessary to have a tool focused on team performance. Wrike is that kind of resource.
In addition to offering benefits such as managing campaigns, events and product launches, essential for Marketing, Wrike:
- presents performance reports and customized flows in the creation part;
- allows the management of several projects in an organized way.
As possible cons of Wrike, we can highlight:
- free version for a maximum of 5 users;
- requires an invitation for users to participate in the task;
- there are complaints about the occurrence of emails that are unrelated to the projects.
Task and delivery control
When it comes to task and delivery management, Trello is one of the most popular software. Works as a modern, customizable to-do list, in a single interface, shared with others in real time.
Its “card” scheme divides each task, which includes a deadline, chat, documents, projects and varied files, according to the user’s needs.
Benefits from Trello:
- it is free;
- it has a nice interface;
- allows multiple people to interact on the project;
- can be integrated with Google Drive, Dropbox and OneDrive;
- can activate calendar functions, card aging, power-ups;
- has in app version for Android and iOS.
The disadvantages Trello’s are:
- the need to purchase paid packages to access resources, such as for highly complex projects and where many teams are managed;
- communication is also not wonderful.
As we have seen in each of these topics, there are a number of benefits involved in collaborative practice, which makes the disadvantages minimally impacting in relation to the advantages. To illustrate and facilitate the visualization and comparison of the tools, we have organized a chart with basic information about each one.
Most digital tools offer free versions that allow the company to experience the collaborative work environment without having to invest.
If you now intend to implement this change in your business, read this article on the stages of Digital Transformation in companies!
This article was written by Tiago Magnus, Founder of Digital Transformation.