When we contract the hosting service we must manage the files that we have in our account, so that they do not exceed the limits of the contracted space.
One of the common causes for which we exceed the contracted space is generating backup files for our websiteThese backup files are usually several megabyte files and they take up a lot of space in our account.
In this article we will see how to identify the largest files on our website and debug them.
If the disk space of your hosting account if it exceeds 100% it can bring problems receiving emails or loading your website.
You can review the space used from your Hosting control panel.
- Access your cPanel using the information we provide in the email with the subject New Hosting Account Information in WebEmpresa (we remind you that in your client area, in the My emails section you have this message).
- In your control panel you have the Disk usage viewer button to check what percentage the email occupies and what percentage of the use of the web / files.
- Access the Manage mail section and from the Web Mail button (Webmail) you can access each of your email accounts and check if you are storing the messages on the server. If these messages no longer interest you, you can delete them and empty the trash to have more space on the server.
- From the Manage Files section, access the File Manager button to see what folders and files you are currently using and delete those that are unnecessary (if applicable).
- If Akeeba Backup files are not downloaded to the PC once the copies have been made, they end up consuming significant space in the Hosting, so we recommend that from the extension itself, mark those copies that have already been downloaded and you don’t need to have the server and delete them in the “Delete” icon of the extension.
The following video explains how to debug your hosting account by identifying the largest files and downloading them to the local machine to later delete it from your hosting account.